“Win the White House” allows players to run for president from the primaries through Election Day. As part of the Politics and Public Policy curriculum unit, Win the White House teaches students about the electoral process, the role of the Electoral College, and the influence of media in shaping public opinion. Players have to make choices about their party, platform, vice president, and where to fundraise, poll, and spend their campaign dollars on appearances and advertisements as they strive for their 270 electoral votes. http://www.icivics.org/games/win-white-house on November 7.
iCivics launches new game!
Posted on November 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
- Project Citizen-new civic education teacher workshop!
- Teachers Law School-new civics and law-related education workshop
- UPDATE 2015: Summer Institute in Civics and Law-Related Education
- Project Citizen State Showcase goes to the Judicial Center May 12
- US Senate Passes Cardin, Grassley Resolution Prioritizing Civics Education