Help your students build deeper content knowledge and polish their skills with three Civics and Government opportunities. Follow the links for more information or get your questions answered by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota We the People Competition and Showcase
Registration as a class or unit. Space is limited, no fee
- What are “unalienable” rights under the Declaration of Independence?
- When is a revolution justified?
- What is the relationship between the Fourth Amendment and a right to privacy?
- What are the arguments for and against capital punishment?
James Otis Lecture®
Friday, December 11, 2015
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Minnesota History Center, St. Paul, Minnesota
Minnesota Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
Registration required. Space is limited.
No fee, includes free lunch!
The James Otis Lecture Series was created to educate and inspire students across our nation about the U.S. Constitution. This event is for high school students and is a FREE program.
- George Washington and the Constitution
- Do You Check the 1st Amendment at the School Door?
- Minnesota & the Constitution
- What the Constitution Means to Me
For more information/registration
Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society Essay Contest
The Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society is pleased to sponsor an essay contest that is open to juniors and seniors who attend a public or private school (including charter or alternative-learning programs) or who are home schooled in Minnesota. Up to nine $500 scholarships will be awarded.
This year’s essay contest honors the Magna Carta’s 800th anniversary and askes students to examine Magna Carta’s impact on our society.
Question to be answered: Explain the impact and relevance of Magna Carta and the United States Constitution on one of the following:
- current social movements (Black Lives Matter, etc.);
- key court decisions (In re Gault, etc.);
- calls for reform (Guantanamo Bay, Drones, NSA Bulk Data collection, etc.); or
- limited government.
The link to the contest information and the essay contest packet is available at
Follow us on Twitter to be the first to know!