Summer Institute in Civics and Law-Related Education
Get Updated Before School Starts!
August 9-11, 2017
Minnesota Judicial Center
St. Paul, MN
- Learn about resources for teaching boring old civics! Share strategies for surviving challenging political environments. Become part of a continuing dialogue on building successful civics and law curricula and classrooms.
- Build your knowledge of the Constitution and the Supreme Court by analyzing this year’s significant U.S. Supreme Court decisions as well as Minnesota cases: first amendment religion, trademark of offensive rock band’s name; criminal law, juries, bias, death penalty; and others!
- Learn about legislative changes that impact your students including the civics test and other proposed civics changes.
- Learn about new resources for teaching law, politics, current issues
- Participate in new interactive teaching materials
- Engage in conversation and get your questions answered at our annual “Lunch with the Judges”
- Join us for our Field Trip to the newly restored State Capitol! Grand Reopening of the State Capitol is August 11-13!
- Learning Law and Democracy Foundation
- Minnesota Judicial System
This Institute is made possible in part with grants from the Legacy Amendment-Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund-Civic Education and the Minnesota Department of Education.
Participants may register for one, two, or three days. Space is limited. Registration fee is $50 per day and includes food and materials. Full scholarships are available and will be provided at the completion of the institute. Must be registered and prepaid to receive scholarship. Please indicate that you are applying for a scholarship on the registration form. For more information, contact email@example.com
- First complete the registration form. Then return here for payment information.
- To pay by PayPal, return here after registering to select number of days below and click on Buy Now to go to PayPal’s secure site.
- To pay by check, after registering, send check for amount to Learning Law and Democracy Foundation, 2395 University Avenue W, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55114.
Refunds are possible if cancellation is received before August 3, 2017.