Donkeys and Elephants and Voters, Oh My!
Author: PBS Kids Go! The Democracy Project
These hands-on activities are designed to help students journey through politics from its “grass roots” to a national convention through the creation of a new political party and the development of the convention’s national platform.
- Students will increase their knowledge base about politics and elections.
- Students will use political terms and increase understanding of their meanings.
- Students will improve writing and communication skills.
- Students will express their opinions on issues and compare and contrast them to the opinions of others.
- Students will compare and contrast factual information.
- Students will work cooperatively to achieve tasks.