To help you through the hype, Classroom Law Project is again offering popular election season lessons.
The lessons are well-researched, non-partisan, classroom ready. In short, they will save you a ton of time.
Here is the Table of Contents to give you a flavor for what you will find:
- Introduction and Tips for Teaching in Polarized Times
- Lesson 1 – How do we hire a President?
- Lesson 2 – Who are the major candidates and where do they stand?
- Lesson 3 – What should I watch for in the debates?
- Lesson 4 – Should we believe everything we read? Becoming a discerning consumer of media
- Lesson 5 – What does the Constitution say about voting? Constitutional Amendments and the Electoral College
- Lesson 6 – What are some of today’s voting issues? voter registration, voter ID, youth vote, technology
- Lesson 7 – Culminate with a class hearing