LegalWays: Juvenile Protection and Services
By Jennifer Bloom and Sally Revak
This lesson presents the steps in juvenile protection and services cases. Materials include a student reading with related ordering activity. Lesson is targeted at young people at risk of being in the juvenile protection system. This activity uses Minnesota law but can be adapted for your state law.
- Understand the function of the people involved in the juvenile protection area.
- Understand steps in the juvenile protection process.
- Understand the vocabulary used in the juvenile system.
Time to Complete
One class period.
- LegalWays Curriculum Overview
- Juvenile Protection Teaching Guide
- Student Handout Juvenile Protection and Services
See Juvenile Protection Teaching Guide
LegalWays curriculum was funded by Grant No. 95-JS-FX-0300 from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice.