Memorial Day- Secondary
Author: Character Counts!
Students will build a common vocabulary related to memorial monuments and understand their significance in their community. They will define the different categories of memorials and begin to understand the intentions of the artists who design them. Students will also consider current international conflicts and use their findings to design a memorial.
- Share knowledge of the local community.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the significance of memorial monuments.
- Reinforce mapping skills.
- Learn about and understand the objectives involved in designing memorial monuments.
- Consider the importance of memory and platforms for remembrance.
Josephson Institute develops and delivers services and materials to increase ethical commitment, competence, and practice in all segments of society. A nonpartisan and nonsectarian 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Institute is funded by individual donations, foundation and corporate grants, fees and contributions for services, and sales of publications, curricular materials, and other products.