Author: Eve Parker
This is an introductory lesson, giving students a basic understanding of the branches of government and the people who work there. Working with the class, create posters for each branch of government. Make separate posters for the federal and state government. On each poster include photographs of leaders and buildings that are part of that department.
- understand that there are 3 branches of government and be able to name them
- understand the basic functions of the 3 branches
- understand that the 3 branches exist on a federal level, and on a state level
- gain familiarity with individuals who are serving in government and representing student interests
- gain familiarity with landmark buildings that are associated with the branches of government
Source: Recognizing Leaders