The Role of Government- Federal Government and Fiscal Policy
Author: Marty Yopp with EconEdLink
Students will visit “A Citizen’s Guide to the Federal Budget,” and use the federal government web site to obtain information which will help them understand basic information about the budget of the United States Government for the current fiscal year.
- Define and describe the Federal Budget.
- Learn what percentage of GDP is used for government spending in the United States and other industrialized countries.
- Know which branch of the federal government is responsible for preparation of the Federal Budget.
- Identify the major categories of government revenue and the major categories of government expenditures.
- List “non-defense discretionary expenditures.”
- Know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid.